First things first, please register for the book festival here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/northwest-ohio-teen-book-festival-tickets-244678930267
If you have any problems getting to the registration page, send us an email here: email@example.com
If you plan to bring a bus of students to the Northwest Ohio Teen Book Festival, we highly recommend you complete a Bus Registration Form. Once you submit your bus form, we will send specific directions regarding where the bus must enter campus, drop off students, and park. Registering your students ahead of time will also save time on arrival!
Bus Sponsorships are available from our generous sponsors. Schools can use the Bus Sponsorship Form to request assistance. The intent is to aid school districts and children’s organizations in providing transportation to the Northwest Ohio Teen Book Festival.
Note: Sponsorships are limited and will be granted on the basis of need and order of submission.
****Deadline for Submission: March 26th, 2022****
Ideas for Managing Your Group:
1. Design a t-shirt for your group that everyone wears. This will help the group identify themselves easily in the crowds & is also great for group photos if you plan on taking any while you are there during the day.
2. Plan the day before getting to the festival. Make time on the bus ride, if not before, for the teens to look through the schedule and see if there are naturally “small groups” who want to see the same authors. This will help the teens to develop a “schedule” for the day. Be aware though, sessions may fill up quickly, so everyone should have a plan B for each session. You don’t register ahead of time for any particular sessions. Each author will speak multiple times, so you have several chances to hear him/her speak. We welcome all community members, but if teens are waiting to get into a crowded session, any seated adults will be asked to give up their places for teens. If you don’t get a seat in your first choice panel, go to another room and try again during the next session. The schedule will be posted on the Northwest Ohio Teen Book Festival website under the Schedule tab. We are working hard to make sure there is adequate space for everyone to get to see their favorite authors.
3. Plan for lunch. Lunch will be available in the cafeteria during the lunch session. Participants are also welcome to pack a lunch. We will have free lunches for all participating teens and extras will be available for purchase, cash only.
Authors will be presenting during all sessions, with some authors alternating breaks during the two pre-selected lunch times. If participants prefer to spend their pre-selected lunch time in an additional session, they are free to do so and we would recommend packing a lunch.
4. Plan for the book signing. All featured authors’ books will be available for purchase throughout the day. A price list will be available soon.
All authors will be available to sign only books. You must purchase a book at the festival to get into the signing lines. You may buy as many books as you would like to have signed that day, but to enter the signing lines, you must have a receipt showing that you have purchased at least one of the authors’ books from the festival. Your receipt also entitles you to bring additional books from home to be signed by the authors as well.
Cash and Credit Cards will be accepted. Discover your new favorite author(s) in an awesome session, buy their books at the festival, support the Northwest Ohio Teen Book Festival, and then have the books signed by your favorite authors at the end of the day. How cool is that?!?
4. Designate a meeting spot and a firm time limit for gathering together at the end of the day.